Do you like the thrill of being an Iron Chef? Do you like to Throwdown in the kitchen? Challenge your Office Staff, Management Staff, and Team Leaders in this highly successful
Iron Chef Competition.
Meeting your specific needs and company agenda, Iron Chef Competition creates an environment that promotes creativity, communication and cooperation among participants, allowing them to relate in ways not possible in the office. Bringing elements of teamwork from the workplace into our kitchen, each team is called upon to use collaboration, commitment, problem solving and leadership.
A typical Iron Chef Experience is as follows:
- Before the event, background information, such as meeting agenda and buzzwords, is obtained so the team-building experience can be customized for your group
- Upon arrival, guests will enjoy a Sparkling Wine and Popover Reception.
- The group is then broken into teams, each receiving a recipe for assigned course, and their Mystery Ingredient.
- Next, group lesson in basic techniques used in the preparation of the dishes, as well as in safety and sanitation.
- Then the fun begins, as each team begins to prepare their course under the guidance of Chef and the staff.
- Teams work together to complete their course and incorporate the Mystery Ingredient
- Teams have 90 minutes to create their course (1 additional plate - for judges)
- Teams will be judged on originality, plate presentation, and taste.
- Also considered by judges; teamwork, problem solving, and creativity.
- The group will then join together for the fine dining portion of the event. Each team will plate their course and help serve their fellow co-workers. In addition, Chef is available in helping teams choose a wine to pair with their course.
- The team with the highest score wins.
- Chef provides everyone with a packet of the night’s recipes so that each dish can be recreated at home.
Total Event Time: about four hours
Private “Hands-On” Iron Chef Competition:
- Cost per person:
- Iron Chef Standard Package: $125 per person, plus dinner wine, a sales tax of 5.5 percent and a service charge 20 percent (Sparkling wine upon arrival and tasting wine while cooking is included).
- Iron Chef Deluxe Package: $150 per person. Includes all Standard Package items and an additional gift bag with an embroidered Lake Geneva School of Cooking Apron (company logo can be applied as well) and assorted kitchenware.
- Iron Chef Premier Package: $180 per person. Includes all Standard Package items and an additional gift bag with an embroidered Lake Geneva School of Cooking Chef’s Jacket (company logo can be applied as well) and assorted kitchenware.
- Iron Chef Competition Winners and Prizes: *If you’d like to offer the winning team a prize of Apron, assorted kitchen tools and Chef John’s Signature Seasoning, we offer take-home gift bags for the winning members at an additional $35 per person.
- Fee includes: Consultation with Chef John on business meeting agenda, choice of menu options, hands-on cooking class, coaching by Chef and Staff, Sparkling Wine and Popover Reception, non-alcoholic beverages, a tasting wine while cooking and a delicious four-course meal. Also a take home chef hat and recipe booklet.
How to Register
For more information on customizing and setting up your Iron Chef Competition, please contact Chef and owner, John Bogan, at 262-248-3933.
The Lake Geneva School of Cooking requires a 50 percent deposit once you reserve the date of your Iron Chef Competition. Accepting all major credit cards, the balance must be paid in full on the date of the event.
All deposits and payments are non-refundable.